Social Worker - Children Looked After - Leaving Care - Sandwell - £29,636 - £39,782 per annum
We have partnered with Sandwell Trust in the West Midlands to provide social workers to their Looked After Children/Leaving Care Service. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust who are committed to your continuous learning and development. This is how through their dedicated promise of giving their social worker 15 days per year for professional development. Sandwell also offers learning placements of up to 6 months in order to expand your knowledge.
As a Social Worker, you will need to demonstrate that you have experience of working with children in care, which could have been gained through working in other teams.
You must also have knowledge of the relevant legislation and procedures that relate to looked after children and young people.
They are looking for a social worker who is self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally to join their team.
The benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Great transport links
* A position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and secondment opportunities
* Work flexibly and are open to discuss hours to suit.
* Manageable caseloads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High-quality professional supervision
* Supportive and collaborative team working
* Excellent progression opportunities
* A bespoke induction package
* Agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements
* A permanent senior management team
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government pension scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Car-sharing scheme
* A cycle purchase scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Paycare health scheme (contributory)
* Travel pass
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
As a Children Looked After Social Worker you will:
* Assess the vulnerability of Sandwell's children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life.
* Utilise your developing skills and knowledge to inform Care Planning in order to promote change and positive outcomes for our young people
* Most importantly you will empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views and ensuring their voice is heard.
* You will be passionate about supporting and advocating for young people to ensure they reach their goals and have the best possible futures.
Essential requirements of this Social Work role:
* Qualified social worker with Social Work England registration
* Have completed your ASYE programme in a children and families setting
* Have excellent analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions with information you have gathered, that has a positive impact on the child's journey
* A skilled listener, you will demonstrate how you have understood and ensured a child's voice is heard
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
For more information please email email@example.com