Social Worker - Children Looked After - Leaving Care - Sandwell - £29,636 - £39,782 per annum
We have partnered with Sandwell Trust in the West Midlands to provide social workers to their looked after children/leaving care service. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust who are committed to your continuous learning and development.
As a social worker, you will be dedicated 15 days per year for professional development, as well as learning placements of up to 6 months in order to expand your knowledge.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* £29,636 - £39,782 per annum
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
* Professional development and learning placements available
As a Social Worker you will:
* Assess the vulnerability of Sandwell's children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life.
* Utilise your developing skills and knowledge to inform Care Planning in order to promote change and positive outcomes for our young people
* Most importantly you will empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views and ensuring their voice is heard.
* You will be passionate about supporting and advocating for young people to ensure they reach their goals and have the best possible futures.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* You must be social work qualified, registered with Social Work England and have completed your ASYE programme in a children and families setting.
* Have excellent analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions with information you have gathered, that has a positive impact on the child's journey.
* A skilled listener, you will demonstrate how you have understood and ensured a child's voice is heard.
* You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
* Be a clear decision maker and good team worker
* Have an ability to assess risk and the knowledge of the relevant procedures to manage and reduce risk.
* You will need to demonstrate that you have experience of working with children in care, which could have been gained through working in other teams.
* Have knowledge of the relevant legislation and procedures that relate to looked after children and young people.
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com