Social Work Team Manager - Fostering Team - Farnham, Stevenage - up to £48,531 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 19th July
Interview date: To be confirmed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced team manager (social work qualified) to manage a Fostering Team in Farnham, Stevenage. The Fostering service is starting a new and innovative Fostering Strategy 2020 -2022, to increase the number of foster carers recruited and to build on models of support for carers, children and young people. They have a strong, positive reputation and focus on supporting foster carers to underpin the best outcomes for children and young people
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a service which is rated Outstanding for leadership and management. You will be joining a supportive management team, where you will have the opportunity to fully utilise your skills and experience and develop organically in your role.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
* Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate who need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of our sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
As part of this dynamic management team you will be:
* A leader with sound knowledge of Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards; and substantial experience in fostering, safeguarding and assessment preferably at management level.
* will lead a small team of Supervising social worker with a responsibility for over 100 fostering households.
* You will build on our success and drive our utilisation, to ensure that foster carers are supported to improve outcomes and stability for our children looked after.
* Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
* Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role and a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role include:
* Qualified social worker with extensive post qualified experience
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org