Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Southend - Up to £36,876 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced social worker to join our client in Southend becoming part of their Adults Learning Disabilities Team. This role is based in the heart of the town centre offering seaside living that makes it a great place to live and work.
They are looking for a social worker to promote an asset and strengths-based approach to social work practice and work closely with all partners across Health and Social Care.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a local authority that are committed to ensuring that you are supported in this varied and challenging role.
The benefits of this Social Work role:
* Flexible working
* Generous annual leave
* Local government pension scheme
* Salary car sacrifice scheme
* Excellent training and development opportunities
Duties as a Social Worker:
* Supporting citizens across Southend-on-Sea (including out-of-borough cases) with the aim to offer the appropriate support in the right place at the right time.
* To understand individual's strengths, assets and wishes to maximise their potential for independence, recognising the importance of assuming that the individual is best placed to know their own outcomes, goals and wellbeing.
* To undertake assessments and to support individuals to develop personalised care plans that take account of community assets, informal networks, universal services and other support and provision which reduces dependency.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Qualified social worker with valid Social Work England registration
* Extensive post qualified experience as a social worker in the UK
* The legal right to work in the UK
* Experience in Adults Knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, self-directed support, Liquidlogic, NHS Continuing Healthcare and experience of undertaking safeguarding investigations, which is essential
For more information please email email@example.com