Service Manager - Leaving Care - Children's Services - Northamptonshire - £50,795 to £62,474 per annum
Full time position
Our local authority client in Northamptonshire are looking for an experienced social work qualified Service Manager to join their Leaving Care - Children's Service. As a Service Manager, you will be joining a large and busy team.
The service works collaboratively to provide oversight for all children in care in Northamptonshire. This includes asylum seeking children, children subject to legal proceedings where their permanency plan is being determined, and children with a plan to remain in long term care.
The benefits of this Service Manager role:
* The opportunity to personally contribute to improving the service
* 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rises with service) and the opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
* Subsidised pension scheme
* Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
* Employee discount schemes
* Lease car scheme
* An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
* Free parking at Delapre Golf Centre for the Criminal Justice Centre and Parking in areas of Northampton is from £4.00 per day
Experience and skills required:
* You will have a sound understanding and ability in relation to effective management practices, particularly as they relate to service planning and performance management and development of services and staff.
* You will have a strong background in the provision of Children in Care, along with the motivation and drive for self-development together with the ability to develop others
* This is a very fast paced and busy role that strives to deliver positive outcomes for children and families in collaboration with colleagues in the Leaving Care Service and our external partners
Essential requirements of this Service Manager role:
* Social Work qualified with Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
* Extensive post-qualifying experience of statutory social care practice and management
For more information please email email@example.com