Social Work Team Manager - Assessment - Haringey - Up to £54,597 per annum
Liquid Personnel is recruiting for a social work team manager to work in a children's assessment team in Haringey.
The assessment service is a dynamic service where social workers are encouraged to have various skillsets and thus as a team manager in this service, you are required to be multi-facet in reference to your skills and experiences. The service takes cases from the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). As a team manager, you will ensure good quality management oversight, direction, and supervision of all cases. You are a strong leader who demonstrates strong management and communication skills.
As a team manager, you will also ensure that social workers are well supported to do the tasks that they need to do to safeguard and promote the health and well-being of the children/young people of Haringey. We complete comprehensive child and family assessments that identified robust plans that achieve the best outcomes for children and young people. We initiate child protection plans, child in need plans, as well as initiate proceedings in the family courts when required in order to keep children and young people safe.
Benefits as a Social Work Team Manager:
* Retention payments
* Generous annual leave
* Flexible working
* Flexible retirement
* Interest-free season ticket loan
* Generous annual leave
* Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
* You will be responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to your team, ensuring that this is completed to the highest standards and with the child's welfare central to decision making.
* You will develop your team members by ensuring they receive the regular, reflective case and personal supervision, and that service and corporate priorities are met.
* You will provide management cover within the Assessment Service when your colleagues are on leave. You will ensure that Human Resource policies and procedures are adhered to, including robustly and effectively addressing any performance, capability, sickness absence, or similar issues.
* In all cases, you will ensure that concise and accurate records of your management decision making and direction are evidenced and communicated.
* Above all, you will be committed to assisting the service to ensure that we are a forward-thinking, responsive service that meets the diverse needs children, young people, and their families in Haringey, by contributing to service and departmental strategies, policies and procedures.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience in a management role
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org