Social Worker - Referral and Assessment Team - Permanent - Sandwell - £29,055 - £33,136 per annum plus £6,500 relocation payment
We have currently partnered with Sandwell trust in the West Midlands to provide Social Workers to their Referral and Assessment service. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust.
Our client in Sandwell are committed to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
Benefits as a Referral and Assessment Social Worker:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
Responsibilities for a Referral and Assessment Social Worker will include:
* Assessing for and provide services to children in need within the framework
* Ensuring that services are efficiently and effectively provided
* Maintaining high standards of professional practice within own workload
* Managing a case load of children and families
* Participating in core assessments, in partnership with the child & care providers
* Implementing Child Protection and LAC procedures as and when required
* Working with families, children and young people to reduce the need for accommodation or care proceedings
* Understanding the Every Child Matters agenda
* Helping to develop interventions by working with other professionals
* Undertaking investigations under Section 47s on allocated and duty cases as required
* Providing reports as required for child protection case conferences, children in need meetings, permanency meetings, child care reviews and in court processes
* Giving evidence in court when required
As a Referral and Assessment Social Worker you will be/have:
* Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Experienced in Court Work
* A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* Social Work England Registration
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org