Independent Reviewing Officer - IRO - Haringey Council - £49,464 - £52,482 per annum
Our client in Haringey is looking to recruit a experienced social worker / independent reviewing officer to work in children's service's.
As an independent reviewing officer for Haringey Council you will be responsible for providing a quality assurance service to children in care across children's services. You will provide leadership and contribute to the development and quality assurance of service standards and practice and you must be able to provide a statutory challenge, holding the Council to account for their duties as Corporate Parents. You will have an integral role in supporting the implementation of the Signs of Safety Practice Framework and will lead on designing specific ways of working, embracing the latest government initiatives and legislation to deliver the practice vision.
About Haringey Council
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and improving the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19 year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow's leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey Council is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do. We are a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people who join us, do so as they see Haringey Council as a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
Benefits as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
* Retention Payments
* Generous Annual Leave
* Flexible working
* Flexible retirement
* Interest free season ticket loan
* Generous annual leave
* Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Responsibilities as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
* You will manage and contribute to practice learning arrangements for the children's workforce ensuring learning opportunities are maximized.
* You will have substantial knowledge of the legislation and statutory responsibilities that underpin Children's Social Care, including appropriate performance indicators and quality standards; possessing a unique ability to convert this knowledge into operational learning opportunities to enhance the workforce knowledge.
* You will have an unwavering passion for social work, the vision and drive to change outcomes for children, young people and their families and the skills to be part of a leadership team that inspires and supports stakeholders.
* Social Work England Registered
* Eligibile to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Previous IRO experience
For more information please contact email@example.com