Social Worker - Referral and Assessment Team - Sandwell - £29,055 - £33,136 plus market supplement of £2,500* and up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to T's & C's)
We have currently partnered with Sandwell trust in the West Midlands to provide social workers to their MASH service.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust. They are committed to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
Benefits as a Referral and Assessment Social Worker:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
Responsibilities as a Referral and Assessment Social Worker include:
* Assessing for and provide services to children in need within the framework
* Ensuring that services are efficiently and effectively provided
* Maintaining high standards of professional practice within own workload
* Managing a case load of children and families
* Participating in core assessments, in partnership with the child & care providers
* Implementing Child Protection and LAC procedures as and when required
* Working with families, children and young people to reduce the need for accommodation or care proceedings
* Understanding the Every Child Matters agenda
* Helping to develop interventions by working with other professionals
* Undertaking investigations under Section 47s on allocated and duty cases as required
* Providing reports as required for child protection case conferences, children in need meetings, permanency meetings, child care reviews and in court processes
* Giving evidence in court when required
As a Referral and Assessment Social Worker you will be/have:
* Experience of Court Work
* A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* Qualified as a social worker
* A clear decision maker and good team worker
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with the HCPC.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org