Service Manager - Child In Need Service - Wandsworth - £58,810 - £72,111 per annum
We are recruiting for an experienced social worker / service manager to work in a children in need team in Wandsworth.
Here in Wandsworth we are on an exciting journey of transformation. We have developed our Practice Model and are preparing for the implementation of the Family Safeguarding Approach. Family Safeguarding is a way of keeping families together where it is safe to do so. It was developed and promoted by Hertfordshire and is funded by the Department for Education. Wandsworth will be the first Local Authority in London to implement this new way of working.
We are investing massively in all our staff, our leaders as well as partners to enable us to make our engagement with families and communities in Wandsworth a success. We passionately believe that if we invest in new ways of thinking and working, you'll have everything you need to do the job you trained for. We have incredibly sound, solid and strong leadership in Ana Popovici and Paul Angeli, who have an exciting vision to transform our approaches to the most vulnerable in society.
About The Service
The Families and Communities Service has undergone a recent restructure. We now have 12 Child in Need teams (two dedicated to vulnerable adolescents) working in three clusters, covering different parts of the borough. These clusters mirror our Early Help clusters to aid continuity for families, a holistic approach, and seamless transitions between different parts of our service. Families and Communities also includes a specialist team for children with disabilities, and a Case and Court Progression Manager to oversee the Court and PLO work in the service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing our south cluster covering Putney, Southfield and Roehampton and our two vulnerable adolescent teams.
About the role
The Child in Need Service Manager will be responsible for ensuring our fantastic and dedicated social workers have the support and training required to enable them to safeguard children and young people and to protect them from significant harm. You will also be the strategic lead for vulnerable adolescents.
Benefits as a Children In Need Service Manager:
* £2,000 Welcome Payment
* £3,000 retention bonuses
* Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
* 31 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
To be shortlisted your CV and personal statement will demonstrate:
* You have a Social work degree and social work England registered
* Experience of delivering best practice in relation to young people who are at risk of CSE or are missing
* Extensive experience of management within children's social care services and specialist targeted services
* Substantial experience of the operation of key statutory processes and the operation of child protection procedures.
* Experience of developing, embedding and managing new teams or projects within a children's social care environment
Essential requirements of this Leaving Care Service Manager role:
* Qualified social worker with valid Social Work England registration
* Previous senior management / service manager experience
* Extensive post qualified experience as a social worker in the UK
* The legal right to work in the UK
* Experience in Adults Knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, self-directed support, Liquidlogic, NHS Continuing Healthcare and experience of undertaking safeguarding investigations, which is essential
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org