Senior Social Worker - Children's Services - St Helens - £35,934 - £37,849 per annum plus £2,000 R&R
We are currently looking for an advanced practitioner (social work qualified) to join our clients Children's Service in St Helens. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside and support 2 social workers, with the aim to deliver the best possible service to children.
As an advanced practitioner you will be providing services for children and families across the Borough, you will be part of an integrated team based within St Helens MASH at a time of real opportunity for new developments which will benefit from your ideas and initiative.
Your work will involve supporting social work colleagues to respond effectively to complex safeguarding issues. You will be expected to work in partnership and have the skills and experience of leading and chairing forums to manage and respond to complex safeguarding matters.
You will report and be supported by the Complex Safeguarding Lead with regular supervision and opportunities for training and development.
The benefits of this Advanced Practitioner role:
* Regular supervision including induction and appraisal
* Access to management training and development
* Up to 30 days annual leave
* Essential car user allowance
* Excellent pension scheme
Duties and responsibilities as an Advanced Practitioner:
* To provide reflective case supervision to team members overseen and as directed by the Service Lead.
* To lead on the development and implementation of Signs of Safety as our practice model, ensuring it is embedded in practice particularly in respect of complex safeguarding work.
* To champion and promote high quality practice in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures and professional standards such as the Knowledge and Skills Statements for Child and Family Practitioners.
* Work alongside and support the work of Principal Social Worker to deliver practice development and improvement in response to the quality assurance framework.
* To offer professional advice, guidance and support to social workers aimed at promoting their professional development. This may include supporting social workers in managing and developing effective care plans on high risk complex safeguarding cases and any other necessary meetings.
* To deputise for the Service Lead when they are on annual leave or absent for short periods. To chair and lead daily meetings.
* To act as a Practice Educator to students on placement and support the learning and development of others via workshops, training events and reflective group supervision as agreed with the Service Lead.
* To be responsible for the allocation of referrals involving consultation with the Service Lead in line with the Case Transfer Policy.
The successful Advanced Practitioner must have/be:
* Social Work qualified with valid Social Work England qualification
* Have extensive post qualifying experience
* Have extensive experience of managing complex safeguarding and child protection.
* Have experience of supervising staff
* Have experience and knowledge of safeguarding practices, procedures and legislation
* Be able to manage change effectively
* Have a commitment to anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice
* A vision and passion for developing and leading on reducing harm for children experiencing complex safeguarding
* A drive to working in partnerships
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please contact email@example.com