Senior Social Worker - Children & Families - Hertfordshire - up to £48,857 + £1,000 welcome bonus
We are recruiting for an experienced social worker / senior social worker to work in a children and families service in Hertfordshire.
In this role as a children's senior social worker you will increase the skills of front line social worker teams to rise to the challenges of the Munro Report and also Family Justice Review. This role will hold a caseload of complex cases equating to approximately 60% of a full caseload. You will also have supervisory responsibility for up to two professional assistants/support services staff or other areas of specified responsibility as outlined above. The role does not have managerial or direct budgetary responsibility but will including mentoring and supporting work.
Benefits as a Children's Senior Social Worker:
* Excellent salary of up to £43,857 Depending on experience + £5,000 Market Rate Forces included within annual salary
* £1,000 welcome payment paid on passing probation
* Up to £6,000 relocation packages
* Up to 29 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Local Government Pension
Responsibilities as a Children's Senior Social Worker:
* To undertake assessments of children in need in accordance with the Assessment Framework and Working Together and to ensure robust and timely care planning for children looked after.
* To ensure that initial and core assessments are completed to a high standard and within timescales.
* To demonstrate consistently high standards of practice that put the needs of children at the forefront of all activity.
* To evidence working in partnership with children and their families.
* To ensure all children for whom the post holder is responsible have a clear care plan to promote their development, well being and protect them from harm.
* To operate within a performance framework and to strive to improve personal performance and meet identified development targets.
* To actively promote anti-discriminatory practice and the celebration of diversity.
* To carry out other duties as defined by the Director of Children Services
* To ensure a high standard of electronic social care recording for all children.
* To ensure the Service's procedures for managing risk of significant harm to children are followed at all times, and to seek appropriate advice and authorisation from managers.
* Social Work England Registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Previous statutory children's social work experience
* Full UK licence holder
For more information please contact email@example.com