Social Worker - Fostering - Achieving for Children - Kingston upon Thames & Richmond - Up to £36,711 per annum
We have an opportunity available in both Kingston upon Thames and Richmond for an experienced social worker to work in a fostering service.
There's never been a better time to join Achieving for Children (AfC), we were awarded OUTSTANDING in our October 2019 Kingston Ofsted inspection.
We now want to support our services to continue to achieve and we need outstanding social workers to join us. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate social workers who have the drive to make a positive difference to children's lives. By recognising and championing strengths we know we can make a real difference. It's a genuine team effort in AfC. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help create a brighter future for children and families.
About the Role
The Fostering Team in Achieving for Children are seeking social workers for a fixed term period to cover the maternity leave of members of staff. We have the fixed term opportunities for 12 and 6 months.
Benefits as a Fostering Social Worker:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support , including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
As a Fostering Social Worker you will be responsible for:
* Assessing mainstream foster carers and connected person's carers.
* Supervising and supporting foster carers
* Participating in the duty system where we place children with in house foster carers
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK licence
* Registered with Social Work England
* Previous statutory fostering experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org