Senior Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Hertfordshire - Up to £48,857 per annum
We are recruiting for an experienced social worker / senior social worker to work in a child protection team in Hertfordshire.
As a successful senior social worker you will have the ability to undertake child protection investigations and assessments of risk/need, for cases which meet agreed threshold. Previous statutory child protection experience is essential for this role.
Benefits as a Child Protection Senior Social Worker:
* Competitive starting salary up to £48,857pa depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
* Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of our sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Responsibilities as a Child Protection Senior Social Worker:
* Work closely with adult's specialists to develop creative multi-disciplinary care plans for children who are subject to child protection or child in need plans.
* Inform the Team Manager when they consider care/PLO proceedings may need to be initiated.
* To ensure the Service's procedures for managing risk of significant harm to children are followed at all times, and to seek appropriate advice and authorisation from managers.
* To conduct care proceedings on behalf of the Service with appropriate guidance and authorisation. To ensure reports and statement for court, case conferences and looked after reviews are prepared to a high standard, in time for deadlines and evidence involvement of children, families (including absent fathers) and carers.
* To represent the Service in magistrates, County and High Courts.
* To instruct solicitors, counsel and expert witnesses, in care proceedings with appropriate authorisation.
* To follow the Service's procedures for the authorisation
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK licence
* Qualified as a social worker
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org