Social Worker - Family Support & Protection Team - Hertfordshire - up to £44,146 per annum
Stevenage, Hemel Hempsted or Hertford Area
We are recruiting for an experienced social worker to work in a family support and protection team in Hertfordshire.
As a qualified and registered social worker, you will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focused on helping children and families to change their lives for the better. You will also have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings. You will have in depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
Benefits as a Family Support Social Worker:
* Competitive salary up to £44,146 pa depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £5000)
* Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of our sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Childcare Vouchers
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out - please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more details
Responsibilities as a Family Support Social Worker:
* The team work in many different ways, offer advice and support to help parents set their own goals and to work towards achieving those changes that will improve their lives to allow children to grow and develop within their own families.
* The teams aim is to keep families together safely, improve the health and educational achievements of their children and reduce emotional, physical harm and neglect within families
* This is a varied and challenging role where you will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff. You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
Experienced required as a Family Support Social Worker:
* You will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
* You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK licence
* Previous family support and child protection experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org