Contact and Referral Officer / Social Worker - Buckinghamshire - up to £28,410 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently working on behalf of Buckinghamshire county council for the first response team who are seeking to appoint two full time, permanent Contact and Referral Officers (CARO) / social workers to be based within the MASH team at Aylesbury Police Station.
The CARO is the first point of contact for enquiries or concerns about our children and young people, providing essential advice where a child's safety may be at risk.
* Significant progress has been made to improve our Children's Services in Buckinghamshire. A new, permanent Senior Management Team arrived in April 2018 and is making the right changes to ensure we improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people across the County.
* OFSTED said during their last monitoring visit that:
* 'The senior leadership team has a sound understanding of the improvements that are needed in children's services and is steadfastly determined to improve the quality of services for children'
* Read the Ofsted Monitoring Visit feedback letter: https://files.api.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50085255
* About the role
Responsibilities as a Contact and Referral Officer / Social Worker include:
* Providing a single point of contact for members of the public and partner agencies who may have concerns over a child or young person.
* Analysing information and data to determine what level of service is appropriate or needed.
* To develop close links with statutory and voluntary sector services in order to resolve queries effectively, sign post or assist partner agencies in making referrals.
* To ensure that contacts/information are progressed in a timely and safe manner.
* For a full list of responsibilities, please see attached job description.
* About you
* NVQ 3 or equivalent experience to role
* Successful experience of working within a Children's Service, voluntary sector or other settings with vulnerable children/young people and families
* Experience of recording sensitive information, maintaining client case files and adhering to confidentiality policies.
* Knowledge of issues relating to child protection and vulnerable children, along with evidence of training in Awareness of Child Protection and Safety
* For a full person specification, please see attached job description
* Full UK licence
* Social Work England registeration
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact email@example.com