Head of Send & Inclusion - Wandsworth - £72,042 to £86,154 per annum
Liquid Personnel have a fantastic new role available in Wandsworth for a Service Manager / Head of Send Inclusion.
The role will focus on revisiting our approach to governance arrangements for SEND including developing the strategy and a robust quality assurance framework, working in partnership with health commissioners and providers, alongside effective delivery of our statutory services. Managing key budgets and working collaboratively across the department and in partnership with schools, parents and carers are also key functions of the role.
Benefits as a Head of Send and Inclusion:
* Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
* 31 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Responsibilities / experience as a Head of Send and Inclusion:
* You will be responsible for driving forward further improvements and partnership working following our recent local area SEND inspection. Relevant experience in similar roles is essential.
* Key requirements of this position include:
* Experience and capability to plan, strategically implement and manage service transformation, policy change and quality assurance frameworks
* You'll have high levels of political awareness and sensitivity, to allow you to shape and lead services to improve educational outcomes for Wandsworth children and young people.
* Solid knowledge of SEN related legislation predominantly focusing on the Children and Families Act 2014 and its code of practice.
* Significant experience in running a range of statutory SEND Services.
* Experience and capability to plan and strategically implement policy change and quality assurance frameworks
* Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of partners.
About the Service
* This is an exciting leadership opportunity to join a service which is transforming its shape in order to strengthen even further the support provided to over 2000 children and young people with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans.
* We are proud of the diversity and choice Wandsworth provides in terms of its provision for our children and young people with special needs.
* Co-production with children, parents, carers and schools is at the heart of our work.
* Wandsworth's Children's Services Department has a completely new senior leadership team committed to driving forward change and delivering improved outcomes for children.
* We are expanding our Special Needs Assessment Service and we are implementing the changes for our redesigned ASD Advisory Support Service.
* We are looking to recruit a strategic leader to join the service at a time of considerable change. Reporting into the Assistant Director of Education, the Head of SEND & Inclusion will be a key member of their management team to support Children and Young People.
* Qualified as a Service Manager/Head of Service
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Previous SEND experience
For more information please contact email@example.com