Care Proceedings Case Manager - Harrow - Up to £62,820 per annum + Benefits
Liquid Personnel have a new opportunity for a Case Manager to work in a care proceedings team in Harrow.
In this role as a Case Manager you will ensure that the post holder complies with their responsibilities as laid out in the council's health and safety policy and takes an active role in promoting a positive health and safety culture.
Benefits as a Care Proceedings Case Manager:
* £1,500 market supplement on top of your annual salary
* £3,000 retention bonus after 3 years of service
* Relocation packages of up to £6,000
* Season ticket loan
Responsibilities as a Care Proceedings Case Manager:
* Promote and ensure participation in the Council's individual performance appraisal and development initiatives and information management best practice.
* To support the operation and general elections when requested by the returning officer.
* To motivate, train, develop and performance manage staff to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives.
* To develop the structures, systems and policies necessary to support effective service delivery within PLO pre proceedings and court proceedings.
* To formulate annual operational plans for the team so that there are clear priorities and appropriate resources are allocated to support their achievement.
* Prepare monitor and control the service budget to ensure that expenditure is in line with the agreed business plan.
* To participate in the bi annual strategic meetings and quarterly operational meetings with senior managers and lawyers to develop strategic plans and operational developments to manage resources with clear priorities and appropriate resources allocated to their achievement.
* To advise on complex and high level issues before the court (which may have significant financial implications and / or reputational risk) so that they are presented effectively in court and precedents are set for the resolution of similar issues.
* To contribute to longer term (2-3 years) plans for the services managed so that they are developed in line with Council and Government priorities and customer requirements.
* To ensure services link effectively with related service provision, within or external to the Council, so that coherent and value for money services are provided. . Where appropriate, and in conjunction with other service providers, to undertake joint planning of service delivery and/or for the closer integration of service provision.
* To manage the team and service provided in a way that promotes the Council's approach to diversity.
* Previous managerial experience
* Experience within a child protection team and with court work
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org