Social Worker - CSE/Awaken Team - Blackpool - £35 Per Hour
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen in Blackpool's newly re-modelled Awaken Team. Awaken is a multi-agency Child Exploitation and Missing from Home service led by Children's Social Care, Police and Health who's primary function is to support children and young people who are at risk/ victims of child criminal exploitation and/or child sexual exploitation and bring offenders to justice.
The team are looking to recruit a motivated individual with a diverse range of skills who is able to demonstrate a flexible approach and clear understanding of child exploitation and has a passion for working with adolescents.
As a forward-thinking authority Blackpool's initiatives to improve children's lives are at the forefront of everything they do. Children's Services work as one team, building resilience with families, responding to their needs swiftly and appropriately to make a positive difference.
* Supportive management
* Easy travel and parking
* Modern offices and mobile working
* Excellent rate of pay
New initiatives in Blackpool
* Improving the lives of local families, and the journey of children who are in our care, are our main priorities. We are working on several key initiatives that support this:
* Better Start - a 10 year, £215m Big Lottery funded scheme helping 0-3 year olds in Blackpool
* HeadStart - In 2016, the Big Lottery Fund awarded us £10m to support 10-16 year olds over 5 years
* Dartington Social Research Unit - we're working with this independent charity to take new, innovative approaches to social care
* The Pause Project - this enables us to work more closely with women who have experienced, or are at risk of, repeat removals of children from their care
* Easy travel and parking
* Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
* Experience of court work
* Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
* Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up todate and accurate records.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Experience of inputting into children's services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
* Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.