Independent Reviewing Officer - IRO - Sandwell - £40,760 - £45,591 per annum
Liquid Personnel have partnered with Sandwell children's trust to support them with permanent recruitment. We are currently recruiting for an experienced IRO to work in an established team, at the heart of the Black country.
Benefits as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
* Clear route of progression
* Regular supervision
* Capped case load
* Potential relocation bonus
As an Independent Reviewing Officer working in the Trust you will:
* Independently chair child protection conferences and/or the statutory reviews of children looked after ensuring that plans are in place that are robust, achievable and regularly reviewed
* Work closely with the Social Workers and Team Managers across our Children and Families teams and strengthen our existing team of Independent Reviewing Officers by ensuring that the plans for children fully reflect each child's needs, that all planning processes meet regulatory requirements, reflect best practice and maintain a focus on achieving best outcomes for the child.
* Provide robust oversight of the progression of Children's plans and where there are blocks provide robust and authoritative communication and escalation processes to negotiate within the authority up to the highest level to seek resolution and outcomes required for the child.
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Social Work England registration
* Previous experience working as a IRO
* Full UK licence
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org