Case Progression Officer / Senior Social Worker - Looked After Children - Sandwell - Salary £41,881 - £46,845 (dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation payment, plus a market supplement of £2,500)
We have currently partnered with Sandwell trust in the West Midlands to provide a case progression officer / qualified senior social worker.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust. They are committed to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
Benefits as a Court Progression Officer:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Brand new offices and facilities open plan, friendly teams and environment Team events etc.
* Work flexibly, and are open to discuss hours to suit you and us.
As a Court Progression Officer, you will:
* Play a central role as we embed consistent and positive practice in our work with children who are subject to Public Law Outline (PLO) and Care Proceedings. The role will play a pivotal role in promoting and assuring best practice
* The Case Progression Officer will work with front line Team Managers, Social Workers, the local authority legal department, and with agencies across the Family Justice System, to drive improvement through quality assuring, monitoring, measuring and tracking progression of court related cases in order to continually improve system effectiveness and outcomes for children.
To be considered for this role, you will:
* Be Social Work England registered
* Hold a relevant Social Work qualification
* Have significant experience and expertise in Court Work.
Key knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this role:
* Extensive knowledge and application of the Public Law Outline and the conduct of Court Cases
* Extensive experience in completing assessments and making recommendations on how those needs can be met
* Experience of Quality Assuring written work and providing feedback verbally and in writing
* Significant knowledge of legislation and regulation guidance relevant to your role and experience of working in frontline Children's Services
* Strong written and verbal skills and experience of mentoring/supporting less experienced Social Workers
* This specialist role is equivalent to a Team Manager position to enable challenge and escalation as appropriate.
You will be:
* You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Experience of Court Work
* A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org