Service Manager - Children in Care & Court Team - Haringey - £55,017 - £63,633 + benefits
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd November 2020
Interview Date: Week Commencing 30th November 2020
Our client in Haringey is seeking a service manager to manage and develop the children in care service. This service provides a service to children in need, looked after children and undertakes some court work.
The council has been on a significant journey of improvement, with ambition to enable every child and young person to have the best start in life. We are committed to the "signs of safety" and we need exceptional leaders who are committed to embedding this model of working and understand that good quality social work engagement can make a difference for children, young people and their families with whom we are working. Haringey is committed to providing "the right support for the right child at the right time" this post is key to delivering the first response right for every child.
The successful service manager will work closely with the head of service for children in care and fostering, partner agencies and early help. We need someone who is creative, innovative and motivated to safeguarding vulnerable children. It is an excellent opportunity to build upon good practice and you will effectively performance manage and lead the service. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to lead and take responsibility for the further development strategically of short-term child protection.
Benefits as a Children In Care Service Manager:
* Generous Annual Leave
* Flexible working
* Flexible retirement
* Interest free season ticket loan
* Generous annual leave
* Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Requirements as a Children In Care Service Manager:
* You will need to be an experienced service manager within the area of children in care, with a passion to lead and motivate staff to demonstrate best practice.
* You will have the ability to manage risk and use of multidisciplinary working with partner agencies is essential.
* We also want you to be a qualified social work practitioner as well as SWE registered with experience of leading and managing children's social care services (including high risk and high complexity work) that deliver high quality performance and good outcomes for children & young people.
* Qualified as a social worker
* Previous senior management/service manager experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK licence holder
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org