Senior Social Worker - Referral & Assessment Team - Wandsworth - up to £42,710 per annum
We are recruiting for an experienced social worker and / or senior social worker to work in a referral and assessment team in Wandsworth.
At Wandsworth, we believe that if we invest in new ways of thinking and working, you'll have everything you need to do the job you trained for. In turn, that means we're able to deliver the best possible support for children and young people.
We look for people with a 'can do' attitude, who are prepared to be accountable for achieving the best possible outcomes. You will focus on residents and service users to ensure they receive the highest standards of provision.
Benefits as a Referral and Assessment Senior Social Worker:
* £3,000 retention bonuses
* £2,000 Welcome Payment
* Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
* 31 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
General Job Duties as a Referral and Assessment Senior Social Worker:
* Act as the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases.
* Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR).
* Bring together and co-ordinate the team around the child to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding.
* Establish and develop collaborative working with allied health and social care practitioners from children's and adults' services.
* Promote and model effective working arrangements with schools, children's centres and other settings.
* You will need a relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration
* Experience of working across voluntary and statutory agencies
* A good communicator, you will be confident in APIR and understand the needs of children and young people. You will also have applied knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Previous referral and assessment experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org