Social Worker - Referral & Assessment - Achieving for Children - Richmond - Up to £40,728 per annum
We are looking for an experienced social worker to work in a referral and assessment service in Richmond.
About the Role
All of our social work roles work in partnership with children, young people and those connected to them, in order to co-create plans that meet the identified need.
There's never been a better time to join Achieving for Children (AfC), we were awarded OUTSTANDING in our October 2019 Kingston Ofsted inspection.
We now want to support our services to continue to achieve and we need outstanding social workers to join us. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate social workers who have the drive to make a positive difference to children's lives. By recognising and championing strengths we know we can make a real difference. It's a genuine team effort in AfC. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help create a brighter future for children and families.
Benefits as a Referral and Assessment Social Worker:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support , including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
The core activities for a Social Worker with in Referral and Assessment Teams include:
* Manage an agreed caseload of child and young people to safeguard and protect the welfare of young people
* Complete short-term work to meet needs and prevent long term involvement
* To prepare and maintain case records and other casework information
* Formulate care plans in partnership based on the child or young person's assessment of need
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Previous statutory childrens social work experience
* Full UK licence
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org