Independent Reviewing Officer - IRO - Bromley - Up to £48,022 per annum
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and determined Independent Reviewing Officer to provide child-centred practice and challenge in the development and improvement of children's looked after services within the London Borough of Bromley.
As a successful candidate you must ideally have previous experience working as a Independent Reviewing Officer and / or as a senior social worker working in a child protection statutory role.
Benefits as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
* Eligibility to join our excellent lease car scheme
* £2,000 Annual Retention
* £2,000 Golden Hello
* Guaranteed professional development days
* Membership of the Local Government pension scheme
* Generous annual leave allowance
* Discounted gym membership
* Staff discounts on hundreds of high street shops and restaurants through our "Lifestyle" benefits scheme
* Salary sacrifice scheme - make savings on the costs of childcare as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Responsibilities as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
* Working closely with the Group Managers of Quality Assurance you will review children's plans in a way which leads to improve standards of social work practice and outcomes for Bromley children. You will hold a caseload of children and young people from diverse backgrounds, building solid relationships with them and the team around them.
* As a highly experienced, motivated professional, you will make sound decisions under pressure. You will possess excellent communication, analytical and written skills, be a creative thinker, problem solver, as well being effective at both prioritising and meeting performance targets.
* You will be part of a supportive team within a service that is committed to best practice, regular supervision, excellent training, career development and appraisal.
* You must be qualified as a social worker
* You must be registered with Social Work England
* Satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service check is also required.
* Full UK licence holder
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org