Senior Social Worker - Child in Need Team - Wandsworth - up to £42,710 per annum
We have a vacancy available in Wandsworth for an experienced senior social worker to work in a child in need team.
At Wandsworth, we believe that if we invest in new ways of thinking and working, you'll have everything you need to do the job you trained for. In turn, that means we're able to deliver the best possible support for children and young people.
We look for people with a 'can do' attitude, who are prepared to be accountable for achieving the best possible outcomes. You will focus on residents and service users to ensure they receive the highest standards of provision.
Benefits as a Child Protection Senior Social Worker:
* £3,000 retention bonuses
* £2,000 Welcome Payment
* Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
* 31 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
General Job Duties:
* You will be responsible for delivering a high-quality and responsive social work service. We'll expect you to act as the lead professional in statutory cases - including child protection, care proceedings, and looked-after children - while undertaking the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families.
* It's a role that will see you work collaboratively with allied health and social care practitioners, bringing together and coordinating the team around the child to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to safeguarding, as well as Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Review (APIR).
* We look for people with a 'can do' attitude, who are prepared to be accountable for achieving the best possible outcomes. You will focus on residents and service users to ensure they receive the highest standards of provision.
* You will need a relevant social work qualification and Social Work England membership, along with the experience of working across voluntary and statutory agencies. A good communicator, you will be confident in APIR and understand the needs of children and young people. You will also have applied knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Degree or Diploma in social work
* Full UK licence holder
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org