Social Worker - Looked After Children - LAC - West Sussex - Up to £44,146 per annum
Location: Horsham, Worthing or Bognor Regis
We are looking to recruit social workers with a passion for making a difference to looked after children and with an interest and experience of the adoption process. With a focus on outcomes based care planning for children, including access to an in-house therapeutic assessment and intervention team, you will enjoy working with young children and/or teenagers to support them to achieve and plan to build their lives as young adults ready to leave care and live independently. You will be part of a supportive practice group of 6 social workers and a practice manager.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker:
* Market forces payment (amount dependent on experience
* Includes a one-off payment of 20% of your basic annual salary after joining
* Relocation packages
* Local government pension scheme
* CPD and training (minimum of 5 days per year)
* Access to excellent learning and development provision
* Flexible working
* Generous holiday package (including the ability to buy additional leave)
* Childcare vouchers
* Up to 15% discounts on rail fare and discounted season tickets on bus fares
* Interest-free loan to purchase a season ticket
* Discounts and offers on travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street vouchers and reloadable cards
Job Duties as a Look After Children Social Worker:
* Act as a professional representative for the service by working with a focus on delivering services to those people who access or need the service, acting with integrity, professionalism and respect on behalf of the organisation, ensuring at all times that the needs of individuals are paramount.
* To deliver a service and operate in accordance with the appropriate National Occupational Standards for Social Work. Responsible for maintaining appropriate registration with the Health and Care Profession Council (HCPC) and manage a caseload under regular supervision.
* Prepare for, and work with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to assess their needs and circumstances, implement a range of therapeutic interventions to support change.
* Participate in a help desk/duty system - effectively analyse, diagnose situation and put into place any immediate response/decision that needs to be made, for example, responding to a Child Protection situation or other emergency; identify the correct pathway for the case and make a timely referral.
* Assess needs, risks and options taking into account legal and other requirements.
* Work effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies and gain a good understanding of all the relevant health, voluntary and private services in the area.
* Report any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor. Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child protection planning where appropriate.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Degree or Diploma in social work
* Previous statutory social work experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org