Social Worker - Assessment and Intervention Team - West Sussex - Up to £44,146 per annum
Location: Worthing or Crawley (Entitlement to Crawley weighting allowance of £561)
Liquid Personnel require an experienced social worker to work in a assessment and intervention team in West Sussex.
Our service is a fast paced, busy and supportive duty team completing child and family assessments, section 47s, Child Protection and Child in Need work whilst planning for permanence from day one. You will undertake assessments and interventions with children and families. West Sussex has implemented Signs of Safety as the framework to support social work practice, and within Contact, Assessment and Intervention (A&I) it is now part of how we work every day.
Benefits as a Assessment and Intervention Social Worker:
* Market forces payment (amount dependent on experience
* Includes a one-off payment of 20% of your basic annual salary after joining
* Relocation packages
* Local government pension scheme
* CPD and training (minimum of 5 days per year)
* Access to excellent learning and development provision
* Flexible working
* Generous holiday package (including the ability to buy additional leave)
* Childcare vouchers
* Up to 15% discounts on rail fare and discounted season tickets on bus fares
* Interest-free loan to purchase a season ticket
* Discounts and offers on travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street vouchers and reloadable cards
About the role:
A&I is at the forefront of continuing to implement and develop how this framework can produce the best outcomes for children and ensure they are safe and their voice is heard within all the work we do. A&I leads the service in regards to embedding the framework into all aspects of practice. We are proud to have an acclaimed leader of Signs of Safety within our management group. With investment into our service, we have opportunity to expand our teams to continue the development of targeted Child In Need support, with specialist social workers focusing on ensuring clear plans and interventions with families. We have opportunities for experienced and passionate Social Workers, Advanced Practitioner and Practice Managers in our expanding teams. We are ensuring a strong local link with our Integrated Prevention and Earliest Help colleagues to promote local community support for children and families when social care no longer need to be involved.
Job Duties as Assessment and Intervention Social Worker:
* Act as a professional representative for the service by working with a focus on delivering services to those people who access or need the service, acting with integrity, professionalism and respect on behalf of the organisation, ensuring at all times that the needs of individuals are paramount.
* To deliver a service and operate in accordance with the appropriate National Occupational Standards for Social Work. Responsible for maintaining appropriate registration with the Health and Care Profession Council (HCPC) and manage a caseload under regular supervision.
* Prepare for, and work with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to assess their needs and circumstances, implement a range of therapeutic interventions to support change.
* Participate in a help desk/duty system - effectively analyse, diagnose situation and put into place any immediate response/decision that needs to be made, for example, responding to a Child Protection situation or other emergency; identify the correct pathway for the case and make a timely referral.
* Assess needs, risks and options taking into account legal and other requirements.
* Work effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies and gain a good understanding of all the relevant health, voluntary and private services in the area.
* Report any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor. Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child protection planning where appropriate.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact email@example.com