Permanence Champion - Looked After Children Service - Wandsworth - £43,833 - £53,155 per annum
We have a fantastic opportunity available in Wandsworth for a permanence champion / social worker to work in a looked after children's service in Wandsworth.
At Wandsworth, we believe that if we invest in new ways of thinking and working, you'll have everything you need to do the job you trained for. In turn, that means we're able to deliver the best possible support for children and young people.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Permanence Champion:
* £3,000 retention bonuses
* £2,000 Welcome Payment
* Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
* 31 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
* We look for people with a 'can do' attitude, who are prepared to be accountable for achieving the best possible outcomes. You will focus on residents and service users to ensure they receive the highest standards of provision.
* About the role
* It's a role that will see you work closely with our social work teams, partners and stakeholders to secure, champion and oversee children's permanence.
* You must have experience and knowledge of care proceedings, children looked after and working with the Regional Adoption Agency and other external agencies, as well as a minimum 5 years social work practice and experience at management level.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
* You have a social work qualification and are HCPC registered
* Have experience of court proceedings
* You can work independently
* You understand child development and children's legislation
* Are an excellent communicator
* Have a technical understanding of adoption
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact email@example.com