Team Manager - Assessment - North East London - up to £53,928pa + benefits
Our clients in North East London are looking for a new Team Manager to hit the ground running in their Assessment team. This is a great opportunity to step into a new promotion, earn more money and get a fresh start.
Benefits as a Assessment Team Manager:
* £3,000 Retention
* Local Goverment Continuous Service
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers - annual savings of £933 on average
About the role as a Assessment Team Manager:
* The post of Team Manager within Children and Young People's Services is responsible for planning, maintaining, managing and developing statutory social work and other related services in accordance with relevant legislation, policies, guidance and procedures.
* This post is key in ensuring staff effectively safeguard children & young people, ensuring that their voices are heard in all engagement processes
* To ensure that all Team members receive effective induction, supervision, appraisal and support
* To be available for consultation and advice on complex case matters where required, taking a lead role where appropriate.
* To ensure that standards, targets and timescales are met in relation to case allocation.
* To ensure that staff are managed in line with local performance management schemes and target. To take appropriate action in managing performance, sickness and disciplinary issues in line with Council policies and procedures.
* To be responsible for allocation of work within the Team.
* To authorise budget expenditure within agreed authorisation limits, and within budget
* Social Work England registered
* Social work degree
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Previous Assessment management experience
* Significant social work experience in a Children & Families setting
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of issues relating to children in need, child protection and looked after children, including relevant legislation
* Experience of managing a team of staff, directing appropriately at all times
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org