Senior Social Worker - Child Protection - Suffolk - up to £39,759 + £3,500 retention bonus
An exciting vacancy has become available in Suffolk County Council, rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted for a senior social worker with extensive statutory experience to join a child protection team.
This role will consider social workers with a range of different social work experience, so this opportunity is ideal for someone who's interested in moving teams and spring boarding their career.
Offices are based in Sudbury or Stowmarket
Benefits as a Child Protection Senior Social Worker:
* Working for one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children's services are rated as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted - 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
* £3,500 Retention bonus
* Car lease scheme
* Shopping discounts and voucher
* Tax free bike scheme
* Flexible working arrangements - you can apply for different work patterns, sabbaticals & job sharing
* Generous annual leave - up to 36 days per year
* Clear career progression path
* Relocation package up to £8000
Responsibilities as a Child Protection Senior Social Worker:
* To undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of children and young people. Professionally mentor and support other colleagues.
* Plan, deliver and oversee interventions for a complex caseload and where appropriate review cases.
* Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people's interests are supported.
* Ensure operational support and delivery of an Assessment Service for children in need or at risk of protection.
* Work directly with children and young people, the work has significant implications for the well-being of individuals and might involve situations where service users' personal liberty and or safety is at risk Professional colleagues, other providers and external agencies to gather and exchange information and co-ordinate actions. Represent the Council at multi-agency meetings.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK licence
* Previous post-qualified experience
* Completed ASYE
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org