Supervising Social Worker - Fostering - South End on Sea - £31,371 - £36,876 per annum
Liquid Personnel have recently partnered with South End on Sea's fostering service to provide an experienced supervising social worker.
The authority are currently looking to appoint a senior social worker to supervise all in house foster placements to ensure a high level of care is provided to the LAC.
Southend-on-Sea are a unitary authority based in the heart of the town centre offering traditional seaside living making it an excellent place to live and work. The diverse and busy town which has great public parks and leisure activities, competitive house pricing and excellent travel links via 2 train lines from Liverpool St and Fenchurch Street. The Council is extremely ambitious and is working with local partners and communities to ensure delivery of it's exciting ambition for 2050.
Benefits as a Fostering Supervising Social Worker:
* Flexible working
* Salary car sacrifice scheme
* Excellent training and development opportunities.
* Committed to ensure that you are supported in this challenging role with the appropriate level of training
Duties as a Fostering Supervising Social Worker:
* Ensuring a high level of safeguarding is maintained and provide support for the foster carer/careers to develop their skills in all areas of fostering.
* Making sure placements meet all of Southend Council's fostering standards and that Foster careers are working within the professional network to a high standard.
* Attending meetings in respect of your caseload to ensure that cases are up to date on the LCS system and ensuring all statutory visits are up to date with SBC policies.
* Developing a service that'll improve the service offered to LAC and foster careers to meet demand and deliver a high quality of care is a pivotal part of the position and is expected that you would be motivated to achieve this throughout each presented case.
* Be qualified as a social worker
* Registered with Social Work England
* Have experience as a social worker within the fostering service or have extensive experience in a front line children's team.
* You'll need to have good IT skills and be able to navigate a system.
* A good understanding of child development and parenting skills whilst being able to support and challenge as appropriate alongside having the ability to be creative and aid others think out of the box.
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Previous statutory fostering experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org