SEN EHC - Assessment and Review Coordinator - Children's Services - Kensington and Chelsea - £26,500 - £35,900 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced SEN EHC. The Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessment and Review Co-Ordinator is the primary and face-to-face contact for children, young people and their families and is responsible for the completion of the EHC Needs Assessment and review of an EHCP processes.
The post holder will maintain a caseload, set up and maintain positive and professional working relationships and work in partnership with families, education settings, health and social care services, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
The SEN Service needs to manage crucial interfaces with support services, including Children's Social Care and Health, as well as maintaining excellent multi agency working relationships. Therefore, service management is expected to operate in a positive, collegiate and respectful manner to ensure borough-wide service effectiveness across our services and partners.
The benefits of this SEN EHC role:
* £26,500 - £35,900 per annum
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
* Supportive team and management
Duties as a SEN EHC:
* On behalf of the Local Authority, the SEN Service administers and is responsible for statutory SEN functions contained within the Education Act 1996 and the Children and Families Act 2014 and therefore has significant contact with members of the public and other professionals from within and outside of the councils, schools and other settings
* To provide an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessment and Review function for children, young people and their families who are undergoing an education, health and care needs assessment or have an education, health and care plans across the 0 - 25 age range, who are resident in who are resident in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and City of Westminster and/or, or who are Looked After by these Boroughs
* To provide comprehensive casework management and administrative support to ensure the effectiveness of the SEN Service for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the City of Westminster in accordance with the requirements of the Children's & Families Act 2014 and the SEN Code of Practice 2015.
Essential requirements of this SEN EHC role:
* Degree level qualification or equivalent
* SEN-related qualification (knowledge of children's SEN and/or school SEN systems) Other relevant professional qualifications
* A good knowledge of the Children & Families Act (2014); SEN Code of Practice 2015 and Education Act 1996 and any subsequent revisions or new legislation is essential; experience of applying it in practice is highly desirable
* Relevant experience in an educational setting, local authority, or with children and young people in a related field.
* Experience of successfully managing casework or a caseload
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com