Social Worker - Children's Safeguarding and Support Team - Haringey, North London - £33,418 - £44,860 + benefits
We have a vacancy available in Haringey for an experienced social worker to work in a children's safeguarding and support team.
In this role as a successful social worker you will assess and identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive service for children with a child protection plan.
Benefits as a Child Protection Social Worker:
* £2000 Welcome Bonus
* £1,500 paid every 6 months after 18 months of employment
* Generous Annual Leave
* Flexible working
* Flexible retirement
* Interest free season ticket loan
* Generous annual leave
* Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Responsibilities as a Child Protection Social Worker:
* To undertake Assessments within the required timescales in accordance with the Framework.
* To implement care plans by working in partnership with parents and colleagues from other agencies to effect better outcomes for children with Child Protection plans
* To accommodate children and young people and initiate care proceedings when appropriate
* To formulate care plans in partnerships with children and young people, their families and other providers of care and assistance based on these assessments.
* To produced courts statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority
* To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard to their age, sex, health, race, religion, culture and life experience as appropriate.
* To provide verbal and written reports to child protection conferences, strategy meetings, planning meetings and reviews.
* To maintain and develop up to date relevant skills and knowledge of current legislation, policy and social work practice.
* To use information technology systems to carry out duties.
* To take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users and ensuring an effective use of time and resources.
* To attend and actively make use of supervision and performance appraisal
* To contribute through team meetings and organizational events to the development of the service.
* To maintain accurate and up to date electronic case records in line with policies and procedures
* To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorized and recorded, and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed.
* To act as duty office on a rota basis and as required by line management
* Post-qualified experience in a similar setting
* Social Work England registration
* Social Work degree
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK License holder
For more information please contact email@example.com