Social Work Team Manager - Disabled Children's Team - Northamptonshire - £53,494 per annum +£2,200 bonus
Liquid Personnel have a vacancy for an experienced team manager to work in a disabled children's team in Northamptonshire.
As a successful team manager you will lead, manage and direct a Northamptonshire County Council social care team for children and young people, including statutory child protection and regulated adoption and fostering services to ensure that all children who are the responsibility of the relevant area team or centrally based service are safeguarded.
Benefits as a Children with Disabilities Team Manager:
* Welcome Bonus of £2,200
* Up to £8,000 towards Relocation
* Clear Line of Progression
* Flexible working
* Working from home
Overall purpose of the post as a Children with Disabilities Team Manager:
* To improve outcomes for children and young people in receipt of these services who are looked after by the local authority, deemed to be children in need or in need of protection from significant harm (as defined by the 1989 Children Act) and therefore are amongst the most vulnerable in society.
* To deliver the Northamptonshire County Council's statutory responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of these children.
Principal responsibilities as a Children with Disabilities Team Manager:
* To lead, manage and direct the day-to-day operation of children's social care teams, comprising qualified social workers and family support staff. This involves allocation of work and prioritising workload across the teams, taking case related decisions in accordance with the scheme of delegated authority for children's social care services. All duties must be carried out in accordance with prescribed standards, procedures and protocols, and within the relevant legislation governing the particular service area
* To recruit, supervise, appraise, and develop staff in line with the Council's requirements and in accordance with the statutory requirements for the relevant service area, to ensure that staff have the relevant skills, knowledge and training to provide an efficient and effective service.
* To manage budgets to ensure efficient and effective use of resources
* To develop and maintain partnership and multi-agency working, in order to ensure that services and agencies work together effectively to assess risk and respond to identified need to safeguard children and to promote effective information sharing with partner agencies. This will include proactively developing relationships with schools and other partners in local operational teams (LOTs).
* To develop and write the team plan which ensures that the relevant service contributes to meeting the objectives and performance targets set within the Children and Young People's Directorate's Service Plan and the Children and Young People's Strategic Partnership's Children and Young People's Plan.
* To secure service improvements through effective audit, quality assurance, management of data systems, performance management of staff and timely management of complaints in accordance with the Council's statements of required practice and external regulation and inspection.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* Previous management experience preferably with CWD
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org