Social Worker - Family Support and Protection Team - West Sussex - £30,411 - £44,146 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join the Family Support and Protection Service (FSP) in West Sussex. The service plays a key role in child protection, child in need cases and safety planning for children.
They are looking for emotionally intelligent, organised, resilient individuals who are able to evidence the value they could add to our team. You must have excellent writing and communication skills as you will need to produce reports for conference and court purposes.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Market forces payment (amount dependent on experience)
* Relocation packages
* Local government pension scheme
* CPD and training (minimum of 5 days per year)
* Access to excellent learning and development provision
* Flexible working
* Generous holiday package (including the ability to buy additional leave)
* Childcare vouchers
* Up to 15% discounts on rail fare and discounted season tickets on bus fares
* Interest-free loan to purchase a season ticket
* Discounts and offers on travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street vouchers and reloadable cards
Job duties as a Social Worker:
* Act as a professional representative for the service by working with a focus on delivering services to those people who access or need the service, acting with integrity, professionalism and respect on behalf of the organisation, ensuring at all times that the needs of individuals are paramount.
* To deliver a service and operate in accordance with the appropriate National Occupational Standards for Social Work. Responsible for maintaining appropriate registration with the Health and Care Profession Council (HCPC) and manage a caseload under regular supervision.
* Prepare for, and work with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to assess their needs and circumstances, implement a range of therapeutic interventions to support change.
* Participate in a help desk/duty system - effectively analyse, diagnose situation and put into place any immediate response/decision that needs to be made, for example, responding to a Child Protection situation or other emergency; identify the correct pathway for the case and make a timely referral.
* Assess needs, risks and options taking into account legal and other requirements.
* Work effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies and gain a good understanding of all the relevant health, voluntary and private services in the area.
* Report any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor. Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child protection planning where appropriate.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social work qualification
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org