Social Worker - Referral & Assessment - Suffolk - £34,472 - £39,759 per annum (pro rata for part time)
We are currently looking for an experienced social worker to join one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children's services are rated as 'Oustanding' by Ofsted. The team will support flexible working including job share, part time and mobile working.
They are looking for a social worker to become part of their Children's Referral & Assessment Team.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Performance related pay progression
* Instant e-vouchers for some of the UKs top retailers, such as 8% off at M&S, 5% off at Tesco and 4% off at Sainsburys. Plus discounts at hundreds of other retailers and brands.
* Financial wellbeing support, including low interest loans
* Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Staff can commute on public transport at half price on most routes, and for free on the following routes: Mulleys buses in BuryPark and Ride, Route 8/13 and free town centre shuttle in Ipswich Route 101 in Lowestoft
* Tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
Duties as a Social Worker:
* Communicating and engaging with children, young people and their families, with colleagues and with communities.
* Work directly with children, young people and families using the Suffolk Signs of Safety and Wellbeing framework.
* Where the role requires, to act as Lead Professional for named families, being the key contact with the family and liaising with other professionals to provide a joined-up response.
* Use Suffolk signs of safety principles, disciplines and tools.
* To participate in CAF, multi-agency assessment, Statutory Assessment and other relevant assessment processes and offer management oversight where required.
* To work alongside children, young people, parents and families where there are early signs of social, emotional, health or behavioural issues to bring about sustainable improvement.
* To undertake direct observation of practice, with effective feedback to offer quality assurance.
* To obtain user feedback and involvement to improve service delivery.
* Work within the service guidelines, statutory guidance and legal frameworks.
* To respond to needs identified with the family by identifying and delivering evidence-based interventions as required.
* To work with families with complex problems as lead professional as the role requires.
* To support colleagues and partners to develop evidenced based practice.
* Where the role requires, to have responsibility for effective supervision, PDR and mentoring of colleagues.
* To offer consultation to support colleagues with complex cases where required.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker / Senior Practitioner role:
* Social work qualification with extensive post qualified experience
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com