Head of Service - Social Work - Early Help & Prevention - Haringey - £63,900 - £73,900 per annum + benefits
Closing Date: Sunday 31st January 20201
Interview Dates: 15th & 17th February 2021
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Service (social work qualified) to manage our client's service in Haringey. This role will lead The Early Help Services and the overall drive is to provide the highest quality services to children and families across Haringey.
They require a Head of Service with high levels of creativity, stamina, and a requirement for political sensitivity combined with an ability to thrive within a complex environment, foster effective partnerships, and promote standards for continuous improvement.
This post is an established leadership role in a well-established and aspirational team. Budgetary responsibility of £2.5m.
Benefits of this Head of Service role:
* Generous Annual Leave
* Flexible working
* Flexible retirement Interest free season ticket loan
* Generous annual leave
* Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Duties as a Head of Service:
* To ensure the effective planning and delivery of the highest quality Early Help and Preventative Services.
* The role will require the maintenance of effective multi agency partnerships, and the targeting of resources and services to achieve successful prevention and early intervention, enabling communities and partners to develop the skills and competencies to work in effective and cohesive partnership with the Council Responsibilities include the following services: Early Help, Children's Centres, Youth Services, Troubled Families
Essential requirements of this Head of Service role:
* Significant experience developing and sustaining effective multi-agency and partnerships
* Ability to work innovatively and use new thinking to evidence the impact of alternate approaches to recurring and emerging challenges
* Extensive partnership experience of multi-agency work and multi-disciplinary practice, including demonstrable LSCB and Early Help experience
* Effective leadership of teams
* Effective management of budgets, assets, and people
* Comprehensive experience of Ofsted inspection and regulatory requirements for statutory children's social care services, including demonstrable experience of leading, managing and/or supporting the same, with evidence of direct responsibility for service improvement
* A recognised qualification; (e.g. Social work, health, youth & community) or demonstrable experience of impactful leadership of Early Help/Early Intervention;
* A leadership qualification and/or a relevant development programme(s).
* Skills to provide reflective supervision with coaching and / or mentoring qualifications, experience and /or expertise.
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org