Child Protection Advisor - Social Worker - Haringey - £50,826 - £53,928 per annum
12-month fixed term contract
Haringey are currently looking for a Child Protection Advisor (social work qualified) to join their team on a 12-month fixed term contract. Haringey is investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and improving the lives of children and young people.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a service with high ambitions, and who have passion, integrity and commitment, and people who join them.
Benefits of this Child Protection Advisor role:
* Generous Annual Leave
* Flexible working
* Flexible retirement
* Interest free season ticket loan
* Generous annual leave
* Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Duties as responsibilities as a Child Protection Advisor:
* As a Child Protection Advisor for Haringey Council you will be responsible for providing off-line scrutiny of arrangements for children in need of care and protection.
* You will have an integral role in supporting the implementation of the Signs of Safety Practice Framework and will lead on designing specific ways of working, embracing the latest government initiatives and legislation to deliver the practice vision.
* You will manage and contribute to practice learning arrangements for the children's workforce ensuring learning opportunities are maximized.
* You will have substantial knowledge of the legislation and statutory responsibilities that underpin Children's Social Care, including appropriate performance indicators and quality standards; possessing a unique ability to convert this knowledge into operational learning opportunities to enhance the workforce knowledge.
* You will have an unwavering passion for social work, the vision and drive to change outcomes for children, young people and their families and the skills to be part of a leadership team that inspires and supports stakeholders
Essential requirements of this Child Protection Advisor role:
* Social Work qualified
* Social Work England registration and the legal right to work in the UK
* Excellent frontline practice skills; sound management experience in children's social care; the ability to analyse complex information and use this to support improvement in practice; a positive communicator who can collaborate, influence, challenge with excellent verbal and written skills.
* Deeply committed to improving outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and will go the extra mile to effect change
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org