Social Work Team Manager - Foster Care Recruitment and Special Guardianship Support - Haringey - £50,826 to £56,100 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 25th January 2021
This is a full-time position offered on a 12-month fixed term contract basis.
We are currently looking for a Social Work Team Manager to join our client's Foster Care Recruitment and Special Guardianship Support Service in Haringey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong and dynamic Fostering Service that is on a journey of development and expansion. You will become part of a management team that is supportive and creative.
The successful Social Work Team Manager will manage foster carer recruitment, Special Guardianship assessments and Special Guardianship support. The Team consists of 5 social workers, a marketing officer and good business support.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Retention bonus
* Generous annual leave
* 50 hours a year of personal development training
* Pension scheme
* Flexible working and flexible retirement
Responsibilities of the role will include:
* Overall responsibility for the management of the team and to ensure that the service provided is of the highest professional standard
* Responsibility for all the work held within the Foster Care Recruitment and Special Guardianship Support the Team and to ensure it is prioritised and allocated promptly within the available resources.
* Chairing practice meetings, monitoring the performance of agreed tasks for all participants
* Ensuring recording is maintained to a high standard and that managerial decisions are taken and recorded properly
* Develop a service consistent with models of partnership working with other agencies, children in care and their families
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social work qualification and have significant experience working within a similar role, preferably with previous fostering experience.
* Good knowledge of fostering and special guardianship legislation.
* The ability to audit assessments and enable the development of good practice
* Excellent management skills - motivation and high-quality supervision of the team will be key to success
* Social Work England registration and the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org