Social Worker - Permanence Team - Stockton - £27.50 per hour
A highly experienced Social Worker is required to join the Permanence Team in Stockton. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing service, who are committed to providing good outcomes for children and young people.
The Permanence Team works with children, their primary carers and families to support already agreed long term permanent plans where they are assessed as needing to be cared for outside of their birth parent's care. This primarily includes Looked After Children, and children subject to Special Guardianship or Child Arrangement Orders.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Supportive team environment
* Flexible working
* Opportunities for training and development
* Regular supervision
* Average caseloads 22
* Building is open on a booking in basis due to Covid-19 restrictions; the team continues to mainly work from home
Duties of this Social Work role:
* To support and safeguard looked after children and children in need and their families and implement the relevant policies and procedures, including the relevant assessments and reviews in conjunction with partners from other agencies.
* To formulate appropriate plans to meet identified needs and to arrange for the implementation of such plans, in conjunction with other appropriate agencies.
* To provide appropriate ongoing support to young people (and their families) as the key worker.
* To offer advice assistance and guidance as appropriate to other team members and professionals.
* To ensure that individual professional standards are maintained in line with agreed levels, including full compliance with policy and procedural guidelines and accepting primary responsibility for the level of quality of casework recording.
* To chair multi-agency planning meetings.
* To feed back to the Team Manager any problems in relation to the effective provision of services and/or policies.
* To enhance the Department's image within the authority by promoting awareness of services and achievements and encourage greater participation.
* To work as part of the duty system within the team as required.
* To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and co-operate with Management, so far as is necessary, to enable compliance with the authority's health and safety rules and legislative requirements.
* To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading and nature of the post.
* To ensure that all customers both internal and external, receive a consistently high-quality level of service, commensurate to the standards required by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme