Social Work Team Manager - Children - Sheffield - £35 - £40 per hour
An experienced Social Work Team Manager is required to Children's Team in Sheffield. Due to the nature of this role, the successful Social Worker must have extensive experience in management and leadership. You must also have significant experience of performance management.
There will be some working from home during the pandemic, but a requirement to go into the office on a rota basis. Caseloads for Social Workers in this team are around 20 per Social Worker.
As a Social Work Team Manager, you will ensure that all staff are offered appropriate supervision and development opportunities in order to encourage consistent and high standards of professionalism and managerial competence amongst all team members, in line with Children's Services quality standards.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* High pay rate
* Very supportive and responsive team
* Relevant training and development opportunities
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* To ensure that all team members are fully aware of and adhere to all relevant statutory policy, codes of practice and procedural guidance.
* To ensure the effective development of staff and service.
* To ensure the Council fulfils its statutory responsibilities in accordance with legislation and guidance pertaining to Children in need, in need of protection, subject to care proceedings and looked after statutory duties.
* To allocate, monitor and control work and necessary resources to individual team members and to review and assess individual performance against agreed plans and standards.
* To encourage user participation in the planning review and evaluation of services and in the organisation and development of services within the community.
* To advise the Head of Service on any issues, changes or constraints which limit the effective operation of the team and the provision of an effective social work service to children and families.
* To have primary responsibility for the overall performance of the team in meeting service objectives and quality standards.
* To identify individual and team training and development needs and to feed these to senior management in order to improve individual, professional and career development and performance.
* To be responsible for ensuring that all documentation and records are maintained in accordance with policy and procedure.
* Design and implement measures to assure quality of practice and effective throughput of work, ensuring timescales set by legislation, and local procedures.
* Establish available capacity so that work is allocated appropriately across the staff group and ensure best use is made of resource, ability, interests and ambitions.
* Utilise data to understand current demand, historical patterns and likely future trends. Scrutinise performance and devise and implement effective and timely improvement plans.
* Build and develop influential and respectful partnerships with partner agencies.
* Respond thoughtfully and proactively to complaints and mistakes, creating learning opportunities for self, team and the organisation.
* Be accountable for and review own practice using supervision, reflective practice and other opportunities for continuous professional development.
* Manage a delegated budget, monitor and control the team's expenditure.
* Maintain registration with Social Work England and adhere to the Social Work England standards of conduct, performance and ethics, and standards for continuing professional development.
* Any other duties reasonably requested by the Head of Service.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme