Social Worker – Mental Health - Abergavenny - £32,000 - £38,000 per annum
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker, to join a Mental Health Service in Abergavenny. This is an excellent opportunity to join an environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork as you support people who have been diagnosed with a range of mental health conditions.
Working alongside the Hospital Director and the wider multidisciplinary team, you will build individual rapports to support people to engage in their treatment plans and change lives for the better.
You will have previous experience from the NHS or private care, as you manage a complex caseload where you will be responsible for social care assessments, risk assessments, facilitate group activities, and will contribute to ICR meetings, supporting service users to make viable plans for their future.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
Your responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- Alongside the Mental Health Act Manager, you will provide Mental Health Law advice to your wider team
- Create reports for the Managers Hearings
- Manage the safeguarding at Ty Gwyn Hall, liaising with the local safeguarding board in Abergavenny
- You will lead the MAPPA referrals and will represent the service at MAPPa forums which are chaired by the police
To be successful in this Social Worker role, you'll need:
- Post qualifying experience across adult statutory services
- Experience of working in mental health
- Social Work degree or equivalent
- Social Work England registrationExcellent report writing
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com