Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer -Independent Fostering Agency - London - £40,000 - £42,000 per annum
An experienced Independent Reviewing Officer is required to join an Independent Fostering Agency in London.
As an Independent Reviewing Officer, you will chair reviews requiring early review following a Complaint or Sec47 Child Protection Enquiry and will work alongside Fostering Innovations Team to support and enhance a quality service.
Benefits of this Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer role:
- Effective induction
- Excellent rate of £40,000 - £42,000 per annum
- Reflective Supervision
- Clearly defined Practice Standards and Managers Standards
- Effective and supportive management
- The right technology to undertake your role
- Efficient 'work-life balance' is encouraged
Duties as a Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer:
- To carry out Reviews of foster carers.
- To ensure Reviews of Foster Carers are child-centred & involve consultation with children/young people in placement, children who foster, foster/shared carers, parents, education & health, and the Child/Young Persons Social Worker.
- To evaluate at the review the previous year’s placements.
- To ensure that each Foster carers Personal Development Plan is in place.
- To ensure each Fostering Household has a Safer Caring agreement relevant to the children and young people currently in placement.
- Where appropriate to consult with the Independent Reviewing Officer for the child/ Young Person.
- To review whether foster carers are adequately contributing to the care plans for young people in placement, using the Five Outcomes (Enjoy and Achieve, achieve economic wellbeing, Staying Safe, making a Positive Contribution, Being Healthy)
- To consider all other members of the Foster Carer’s Household including their own children
- To complete the Annual Review Report within seven days of the review.
- Ensuring that the report is analytical and makes clear recommendations for panel and the Fostering service.
- To attend Fostering Manager’s Meetings as required
- To manage a diary to optimise the number of reviews both planned and short notice.
- To deal with requests for early reviews following Allegations or Complaints against foster carers.
- To maintain records & forms via the electronic processes in place.
- To proficiently contribute to the electronic data base for Annual Review.
- To be available to work outside normal office hours as sometime may be required in order to maintain the duties of this post.
- To contribute to annual auditing fostering household files and complete audit form.
- To complete annual reports detailing management information required – number of reviews carried out, timescale for completing the report, number of disputes raised, feedback from key stakeholders, the number of reviews as a result of allegations or complaint, those reviews required to return to panel for review of approval.
- To have a working knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and the Fostering Minimum Standards and Regulations 2002.
- To carry out any other duties which may be required which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org