Social Work Team Manager - Multi Agency Safeguarding Team - Wigan - £40 per hour
An experienced Social Work Team Manager is required to join the Multi Agency Safeguarding Team in Wigan. The Multi Agency Safeguarding Team is the first point of contact for professionals and members of the public to report concerns for a child.
This post has responsibility for Domestic Abuse and would need to be able to represent Children's Social Care by chairing MARAC on a rota basis. A thorough understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse are essential. The team reflects partners from Children's Services, Police, Health and Early Help.
Currently there are seven Social Workers, two Advanced Practitioners and one Team Manager. This role would increase the Team Manager establishment to two.
This post has evolved in line with a review of the current operating procedures.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Excellent rate of pay
* Home working due to Coronavirus (the offices are however COVID secure and there is an option to go into the office if need be to print etc.
* Long term contracts available
* Regular support
Responsibilities as Social Work Team Manager:
* Ability to manage, supervise and develop staff to enhance performance
* Ability to develop and provide services which are culturally sensitive and empowering for all service users
* Ability to develop new services, where necessary, with partner agencies
* Ability to initiate, plan, manage and implement change
* Ability to liaise and negotiate effectively across agency boundaries in order to provide effective support
* Ability to interpret and analyse information and problems and use, where necessary, as catalyst to implement innovative/creative changes in the delivery of services
* Effective written / verbal communication / presentational skills and I.T. skills
* Ability to establish Quality Assurance and Performance Management frameworks, which are able to identify good practice and promptly address areas of concern
* Ability to ensure that timely appraisal, supervision, support and direction are provided to staff
* Able to use own initiative, work under pressure and manage time, resources and competing priorities in a structured effective way
* Ability to promote equality and anti-discriminatory practice, and recognise the importance of equality issues for both staff and service users
* Able to work flexibly and creatively and a willingness to work some evenings usually by prior arrangement
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme