Social Worker - School's Project - Tameside - £30 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join the School's Project Team in Tameside. It is essential to have excellent assessment and report writing skills as there will be a variety of cases ranging from child in need, child protection through to care proceedings.
As a Social Worker, you will be building positive working relationships between, children, families and young people is key to this role. as well as building relationships between social care and education.
The aim of this social work project is to prevent cases from escalating, by being based within the schools and having the time to complete meaningful work with children young people and their families.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Unique role based within SWIS
* Par time post, 4 days 29.5 hours per week
* Flexible working however, there will be a requirement for the worker to be based within the school for some time of the working week
* Friendly working environment with great support.
* Regular supervision both formally and informally.
* Manageable caseloads (20children)
Duties as a Social Worker:
* By being based within the school you will also offer support and advice to the designated safeguarding leads and signpost them to the relevant services, whether that be within the early help sector or within the statutory social work processes.
* Carrying out assessments in line with local authority procedures.
* Working with the Youth Offending Team to support children who are involved in
antisocial or criminal behaviour, if applicable to the specific school.
* Although the role of social workers in schools is not early intervention, in order to
achieve the best outcomes for children, social workers are encouraged to work with that child in the context of their family and wider community. These broader ways of working can be at the discretion of the local authority but not at the expense of statutory social
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme