Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer - Looked After Children - Rotherham - £40 per hour
We are recruiting for an experienced Children's Social Worker to take on the role of Independent Reviewing Officer for the Looked After Children Team in Rotherham.
As a Fostering Social Worker, you will be supporting foster carers and assessing potential friends and family of the foster carers.
Benefits as a Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer - include:
* Supportive Team
* Competitive Rates
* Opportunities for long term advancement
* Career Progressions
Duties of this Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer - role:
* To act as an independent Chairperson in Looked after Reviews, and chair Child Protection Conferences, Private Fostering Reviews, Secure Accommodation Reviews, Foster Carer Reviews, disruption meetings and complex planning meetings.
* The ability to communicate with children, young people, and their families. To ensure the child's views are considered by the local authority.
* To have the sufficient relevant social work experience in children's social care to undertake the required functions.
* To have the confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers, offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge.
* To have a thorough understanding of the Care Planning Regulations and legal framework relating to looked after children and care leavers, including knowledge of National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations, and the Adoption Agencies Regulations.
* To have a thorough understanding of the legal process and the issues involved when a local authority makes an application for a care order.
* A thorough knowledge of 'Working Together' and quality practice in working with children and families to safeguard children and promote their welfare
* To develop effective quality assurance mechanisms in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of Children and Young People's Services, Local Safeguarding Children's Board Procedures, and Department of Education requirements.
* To link with social workers and team managers across the Children and Young People's Services in order to ensure effective care planning, development of good practice and positive outcomes for children and young people.
* To play an active role in Local Safeguarding Children's Board processes and ensure effective working relationships are established with colleagues in other agencies involved in provision of services for children.
* To participate in a range of audit and other monitoring activity as part of the wider service development function.
* To put effective systems in place, which will ensure that all children within the Looked After System have an appropriate Permanency Plan.
* To offer specialist advice, information and guidance about policy, procedures, legislation, guidance and local processes.
* To participate in a range of corporate and Children and Young People's Services activities as determined by the Head of Service
Essential requirements of this Social Worker - Independent Reviewing Officer - role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.