Service Manager - Safeguarding Children's Manager - Wandsworth - £60,426 to £74,202 per annum
Closing Date: 11:59pm on Sunday 21st February 2021
Shortlisting Date: Monday 22nd February 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 1st March 2021
A Service Manager (social work qualified) is required to manage the Safeguarding Children's Service in Wandsworth. The aim of the service is to provide quality assurance to the plans and arrangements for children who are subject to child protection plans to ensure outcomes are improved.
As the Service Manager you would be responsible for the operational management and leadership of the Child Protection Coordinators and the LADO, but also have strategic responsibilities across Children's Social Care. A key priority for the service is to ensure that all children participate and engage in conferences through various means including advocacy and social media.
Benefits of this Service Manager role:
* 31 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Duties as a Service Manager:
* It's a role where you will have a key strategic leadership and operational delivery of the quality assurance service for children subject to child protection plans.
* You will have strong relationships that provide a quality assurance challenge on behalf of children to operational colleagues and the wider partnership.
* You will lead practice in your area developing and embedding innovation in the service alongside colleagues across Children's Services and the partnership.
* You will also be supporting the development and embedding of safeguarding meetings for children who are vulnerable to exploitation outside of a family context.
* You will have responsibility for the statutory function of the child protection service including the LADO.
* Reporting to the Head of Service for Quality Assurance and Learning, you will have a key role in reporting into the Safeguarding Partnership.
* The successful candidate will also ensure effective performance management of the service to ensure improved outcomes for children and young people.
Essential requirements of this Service Manager role:
* A Social Work degree and Social Work England registration.
* Experience of working with partnerships to improve service delivery
* An ability to manage budgets
* A proven track record of leading and motivating staff
* Management experience working in a Children's Social Care setting
* A good understanding of the legislative framework, statutory guidance and initiatives applicable to children who are subject to child protection plans.
* Experience of audit, writing quarterly/annual reports to a high quality, use of performance data, formulating strategies, policies, objectives and targets.
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com