Service Manager - Adoption and Children's Homes - Northamptonshire Children's Trust - Salary up to £62,474 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Service Manager (Social Work qualified) to join the Adoption and Children's Homes in Northamptonshire.
As a Service Manager, you will lead a group of teams, developing a service plan for the Portfolio, and leading the production of team plans, in accordance with Council objectives. You will also be systematically reviewing progress against these plans to ensure a consistently high standard of service which is in accordance with Council objectives.
Benefits of this Service Manager role:
* Generous Salary
* Flexible Working
* Employee Discounts
* Training and Development opportunities
* Generous Annual Leave
Duties as a Service Manager:
* To manage, allocate and monitor budgets and contracts with providers in accordance
with the County Council Constitution, financial regulations and relevant codes of practice,
ensuring that services provided are based on principles of best value utilising a full range of
* To take a lead role in developing effective partnership arrangements with partner
organisations exploring and developing opportunities for the integration of services. This
could be as directed through the LSCBN or CYPPB frameworks.
* To take a strategic role in ensuring the council safeguarding and other social care services
respond to and meet all current and emerging local and national policy,
* To ensure the agreed safeguarding children's arrangements work effectively for all
children and families within the portfolio and that staff receive and deliver training.
* To recruit, select, lead and motivate staff, appraise their work, effectively manage poor
performance and ensure the preparation of staff development plans and workforce plans
that will contribute to achieving a high standard of team performance.
* To introduce and sustain a performance culture in the post holder's area of responsibility,
taking account of national and local requirements and taking specific responsibility for
performance targets for agreed indicators and effective complaints management.
* Proactively contribute to the work of the Safeguarding Board by ensuring active
management participation at task and finish groups, panels and Safeguarding Board Sub
* To be responsible for managing change in response to the Government's Agenda for
Social Care. This will involve ensuring the service is fit for purpose, and is supportive of a
seamless provision of services to children.
* To ensure delivery of a self-improving service through robust and effective audit activity
that will embed 'lessons learnt' across the portfolio
* To provide direct advice to Councillors, Committees of the Council and Boards on all
aspects of the work of the Council that are the responsibility of the post holder, including in
particular development of policy and practice in light of the changing statutory framework.
* To ensure the views, feelings and wishes of children, young people and their parents
/carers are ascertained and used to appropriately inform the development and performance
of services and are at the heart of service design and delivery.
* To participate in the on call duty rota.
* To demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's
behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs, promoting equality issues in every aspect of
work with staff and users and to ensure that discriminatory practices are challenged.
* To ensure that access to services is promoted through the preparation and maintenance
of information about services available, eligibility criteria, referral and assessment
* Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of
yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to
health and safety within the department.
* Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this
job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Requirements of this Service Manager role include:
* Registered with Social Work England
* Degree/qualification in Social Work
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org