Social Worker - Locality Team - Together for Children - Sunderland - £27 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join one of Sunderland's Locality Social Work Teams. Child centred, respectful, creative and transparent are the values around which the company has been formed.
As a Social Worker, you will work directly with and support children, young people and their families who are identified as Child in Need and Child Protection completing child focused assessments. Sunderland offer manageable caseloads and ensure that all workers are supported through regular supervision and appraisal.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Stable authority
* Manageable caseloads
* Business administration support
* Child & Family Workers based within the team
* Regular supervision
Duties of this Social Work role:
* To manage an assigned caseload of children and families, independently in compliance with agreed casework objectives, assessing and managing risks appropriately, and in accordance with statutory regulations and guidelines
* To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill treatment of children undertake assessments and where appropriate arrange accommodation or children and young people maintaining appropriate personal/professional boundaries
* To work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to plan for changing circumstances
* To liaise with colleagues in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning
* To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership based on their assessment of need
* To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to children and families assigned to monitor and review the implementation of care plans, ensuring that the services being provided are meeting the assessed need and the provision remains within any agreed costs
* To prepare record, maintain case records and other information in accordance with child protection procedures and timescales
* To keep up to date with social work practice, and also reflect and identify development and training needs to ensure continuous professional development
* To work within the Together for Children's professional policy and procedures, and code of conduct
* To ensure effective and timely communication across Child Protection services, listen to and respond to the views and ideas of other professionals, stakeholders (particularly children and young people and their families) to ensure services are relevant, responsive and focused on meeting identified needs
* To champion diversity and equality.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.